Spinach Soup with Garlic
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 74 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76409 times
This nutritious, low fat, low calorie soup is best if you are trying to lose some of those extra pounds. The garlic and onion in the soup aids in decreasing the excessive fat deposition in the arteries.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of cold water and purée the mixture in a blender to a coarse texture.
- Pour the purée back to the pan, add the cornflour-milk mixture, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with toasted whole wheat bread.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.