Mini Nachni and Bajra Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26190 times
Mini Nachni and Bajra Khakhra is a crispy snack that is full of Iron and fun! Loaded with iron-rich nachni and Bajra Flour, this snack also scores high on flavour thanks to ginger, garlic and green chilli pastes.
Sesame seeds heighten the aroma of this snack, while also adding to its crunchiness.
This tasty and nutritious Healthy Snack can also double up as a breakfast option and is good for Pregnant women.
Or, you can pack it to work, to munch on in the afternoon instead of a bag of chips! Want some more healthy snack ideas?
Have a go at the Baked Oats Puri and the 4-Flour-Dosa.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a firm dough using warm water.
- Divide the dough into 7 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place a roti on it and cook on both sides for a few seconds.
- Cook on a slow flame until crisp using little pressure with help of a khakhra press.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 6 more khakhras.
- Allow them to cool completely and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakhra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.