Crispy Potato Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22832 times
A flavour-packed snack with an unmistakable Oriental touch, the Crispy Potato Snack features deep-fried potato cubes tossed with peppy ingredients like garlic and spring onions in chilli oil.
Tinges of soy sauce and vinegar add to the energetic flavour of this snack, which goes great with creamy dip like the Thick Curd Dip .
- Boil enough water, add the potatoes and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the potatoes and deep-fry till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the chilli oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites and greens, and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, deep-fried potatoes and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately with thick curd dip.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||396.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||18.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.