Kapi Cho Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 750 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43301 times
Kapi cho potatoes are a yummy treat for potato lovers. A recipe of Indo-Chinese origin, this sweet-sour dish can be passed around as finger food, or served as a main dish while dinner. It is easy to make, and probably can be described as french fries tossed in Chinese sauces.
The potato pieces must be long strips and the sauce thick-made of soya and tomato sauces and plenty of spring onions and ginger. To save time, cut the potato strips and soak in water, and prepare the sauce in advance. So when your guests arrive, you need to fry the potatoes and toss it straight into the sauce. It is great finger food that will vanish fast from the plate!
Serve with Hakka Noodles and Kung Pao Vegetables .
- Combine the cornflour in 1/2 cup of water, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the potatoes and cook on a high flame for a few minutes till they are cooked, while stirring continuously. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, tomato ketchup, soya sauce, chilli sauce and salt, toss well and sauté on a high flame for another minute.
- Add the cornflour mixture and cook on a high flame for another 2 more minutes or till the mixture thickens and coats the potatoes well. Serve hot garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||157.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||23.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.