Fresh Asparagus Soup, Creamy Asparagus Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 122 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55666 times
A creamy soup of fresh asparagus, thickened with potatoes and flavoured with pepper, the Fresh Asparagus Soup has a multifold effect on the diner. It not only satiates you with its rich and creamy mouth-feel, but also refreshes your senses with its intense but soothing flavour.
Onions sautéed in butter deepen the flavour of this soup, while a good dose of milk and cream give it a luscious texture and taste that pamper your palate! Enjoy this soup hot, with Croutons or other favourite accompaniments like Garlic Bread , Minty Baked Potatoes etc.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, 2 cups of water, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Add the asparagus, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and blend in a mixer along with 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, fresh cream, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes ,while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with fresh cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.