Minty Baked Potatoes
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 78 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16800 times
It is amazing how a single spice – pepper, and a single herb – mint team up to create such an awesome effect in this dish. The cavities of boiled potatoes are packed with a corn and cheese mixture and a minty sauce before being baked for some time. The result is so creamy, so tasty, no one can have just one of these Minty Baked Potatoes; so make sure you make a sufficiently large batch! Serve with Vegetables and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce and Whole Wheat Bread Rolls .
- Cut each par-boiled potato into 2 halves vertically.
- Scoop all the potato halves, using a spoon so that a depression is created for the filling.
- Brush the potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle some salt over each potato halve.
- Fill each potato halve with 1½ tbsp of the corn filling, 1 tbsp of the mint sauce and sprinkle 1 tsp of cheese evenly on top.
- Arrange the potatoes halves on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||116.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.9 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.