pumpkin potato sabzi recipe | Rajasthani kaddu aur aloo ki sabzi | bholpa aloo sabji | aloo kaddu |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 291 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93379 times
pumpkin potato sabzi recipe | Rajasthani kaddu aur aloo ki sabzi | bholpa aloo sabji | aloo kaddu | with 30 amazing images.
pumpkin potato sabzi is a popular Rajasthani sabji. Learn how to make bholpa aloo sabji.
Almost all the aromatic spices and seeds in your masala dabba come together in this pumpkin potato sabzi recipe, transforming two simple, everyday vegetables into a mouth-watering delicacy.
Curds, tomatoes and dried mango powder impart the required tang to the potatoes and red pumpkin cubes in pumpkin potato sabzi, while a couple of common spice powders like coriander-cumin powder and chilli powder add to the aroma and spice.
Tips for pumpkin potato sabzi: 1. Cut the pumpkin into big cubes, as after cooking they shrink in size slightly. 2. You can cut the ghee to 1 tablespoon to make the sabzi.
Rajasthani Style Pumpkin and Potatoes is nothing short of a tongue-tickler, perfect to be served with steaming hot rice or rotis fresh off the tava.
Enjoy pumpkin potato sabzi recipe | Rajasthani kaddu aur aloo ki sabzi | bholpa aloo sabji | aloo kaddu | with step by step photos.
- To make pumpkin potato sabzi heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the bay leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, nigella seeds, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, asafoetida, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pumpkin, potatoes, curds, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, salt, ¾ cup of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked.
- Add the dried mango powder and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve pumpkin potato sabzi hot.
Pumpkin Potato Sabzi, Rajasthani Style recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.