Baked Vegetables with Creamy Coconut and Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 154 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29292 times
Just when you are enjoying a juicy raisin, a creamy cashew peeps in; and just as you are enjoying the soothing flavour of coconut milk, tangy tomato sauce pipes up! Indeed, the Baked Vegetables with Creamy Coconut and Tomato Sauce is an indescribable delight that has to be experienced. Bread slices topped with a coconut-milk based curry of myriad vegetables and a tangy tomato sauce too, are coated with oodles of cheese and baked till the ingredients melt into each other and fuse to create a thoroughly enjoyable dish!
- Combine the cornflour and coconut milk i n a bowl and mix well.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic paste, chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the boiled vegetables, coriander, cornflour-coconut milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cashewnut, raisins, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Arrange the bread slices overlapping each other in a baking dish.
- Pour the milk evenly over it.
- Spread the vegetable mixture evenly over it.
- Top with the tomato sauce and spread it evenly.
- Finally sprinkle the cheese all over and bake in a 200 °c (400 °f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||183.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.