Vegetables and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24238 times
Vegetables and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce is a delight to behold and a treat for the taste buds. The colourful veggies, vibrant tomato sauce and contrasting white sauce come together in a perfect way to delight the diners. This is a simple yet fulfilling preparation of juicy corn, crunchy veggies and spaghetti mixed with homemade tomato sauce, topped with white sauce and cheese, and baked to enhance the flavour, texture and aroma.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, sweet corn, spaghetti, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1 tbsp of water in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the tomatoes are soft.
- Allow them to cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp.
- Strain the tomato pulp using a strainer.
- Transfer the tomato pulp into a deep non-stick pan, add the fresh cream, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the vegetable and spaghetti mixture and tomato sauce in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Pour this mixture into a baking dish and pour the white sauce evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle the cheese evenly over it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.