by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19031 times
Soufflé is a traditional egg-based baked dish from France. Having had more of sweet soufflés at bakeries, we often tend to forget that soufflés can be savoury too. They can even be made sumptuous enough to be a main course dish.
Basically, a soufflé is made by combining beaten egg whites and egg yolks with other ingredients and baking it. Here is a Spaghetti Soufflé that introduces you to the art of soufflé making.
Here, the egg is baked along with an exciting mixture of spaghetti and white sauce, flavoured with green chillies and coriander. Finally, a generous coating of cheese before baking makes the Spaghetti Soufflé as perfect as it can get!
Consider this the beginning of a long relationship with savoury soufflés. You will love this so much that you will continue your journey, experimenting with other combinations.
Enjoy this delicious Spaghetti Souffle for lunch or dinner paring it with a crunchy salad and warm bread like Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart French Bread or Garlic Bread .
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg white in a deep bowl using an electric beater on a slow speed, till it is thick and fluffy. Keep aside.
- Combine the egg yolk, white sauce, spaghetti, coriander, green chillies, ¼ cup of cheese, salt and pepper powder in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the beaten egg white to the white sauce-spaghetti mixture and mix gently.
- Transfer the mixture into a baking dish and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of cheese evenly over it.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||434 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||2.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.6 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.