Chocolate Soufflé , Baked Chocolate Soufflé with Eggs
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 161 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29849 times
Soufflés are characterised by their rich, creamy, buttery mouth-feel and this recipe delivers perfectly to those requirements.
Made with eggs, this souffle has a perfectly soft and buttery consistency, which is enhanced by a rich, chocolaty taste. When making this Chocolate Soufflé, make sure you fill the microwave-safe bowls only till half because they might rise and spill out when cooking.
Also, ensure that you add the eggs only after the chocolate mixture is completely cool. Done right, you will have the most enticing dessert on your table this evening!
Try other soufflés like the Mango Souffle or Strawberry Soufflé .
- Grease each of the 6 oven safe bowls with ½ tsp of butter all over and sprinkle ½ tsp of powdered sugar at the bottom and on the sides. Remove the excess powdered sugar by inverting the bowls. Keep aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks in 2 separate bowls. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a saucepan and place a large deep glass bowl over it Add the chocolate, vanilla essence and ¼ cup of water in it, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 8 minutes, while stirring it continuously using a wooden spoon. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled , add the egg yolks and mix well. Keep aside.
- Beat the egg whites with the help of an electric beater, while gradually adding the powdered sugar till it form soft peaks.
- Add the egg-white mixture to the chocolate egg-yolk mixture and fold it gently using a spatula to get a smooth mixture.
- Pour equal quantities of the batter into greased and sugar dusted bowls. Make sure to fill only half of the bowls.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200ºc (400ºf) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per soufflé
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.