Crispy Puri Topped with Masala Aloo
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 15 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4798 times
Here is a tongue-tickling treat the brings back sweet memories of chaat and roadside food! Crispy Puri topped with Masala Aloo pleases your palate with sheer variety – in texture and taste.
The crispness of the puris is a sheer contrast to the succulence of the potato mixture, which is spiced up with everyday ingredients like onions, green chillies and lemon juice. It is the final touch of Koro Sambhar that really boosts the taste and aroma of this dish, making it an extremely special treat.
Enjoy the Crispy Puri with Masala Aloo immediately upon preparation. To get really smooth mashed potatoes quickly and easily, you can blend the cooked potatoes in the mixer.
Have a go at other off-beat puri-based treats like the Mango Sev Puri and Italian Sev Puri .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Cool slightly.
- Put little of the potato mixture over each puri and sprinkle a little koro sambhar evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||114.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||3.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.