Jeera Puri, Kids School Snack Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6111 times
The aroma of jeera fills the air and happy childhood memories flood your heart as you fry these tasty Jeera Puris. Do you remember mom waiting with freshly boiled milk and these crisp and tasty puris when you came back from school?
Well, now it’s your turn to treat your family and kids to this traditional Indian evening snack. These crisp puris made with a jeera flavoured dough of plain flour and whole wheat flour, can be enjoyed just plain with a cup of hot tea , or used as a base that can be loaded with different toppings and chutneys !
Let your imagination run wild, as you create exciting snacks with these puris.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to roll 29 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and deep-fry, a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they are crisp and turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||17.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.