Methia No Masala, Koro Sambar, Gujarati Sambhar Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 290 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64220 times
methia no masala recipe | koro sambar | Gujarati sambar masala | with 14 amazing images.
methia no masala is a tongue-tickling Gujarati spice powder with the dominant flavour of mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds. The process of powdering each spice separately and mixing is very important to get the right mouth-feel.
The powdered spice mix of Gujarati sambar masala, which stays good for almost one year if stored in an airtight container, is stocked in almost every Gujarati household.
methia no masala is used as an accompaniment for parathas, theplas and rotis. Ghee is applied on Khakhra, and this koro sambar is sprinkled over it, to make a scrumptious and tasty snack within minutes!
The warmth of the methia no masala on your taste buds is a joy to experience, especially during the winter and monsoon days.
Enjoy methia no masala recipe | koro sambar | Gujarati sambar masala | with detailed step by step photos given below.
- To make methia no masala, heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the split mustard seeds in a mixer to a coarse powder. Transfer into a bowl and keep aside.
- Blend the split fenugreek seeds in a mixer to a coarse powder.
- Combine the split mustard seeds, split fenugreek seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Store the methia no masala in an air-tight container and use as required.
Koro Sambar Video by Tarla Dalal
Methia No Masala, Koro Sambar, Gujarati Sambhar Masala recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.