Crêpe ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27245 times
A crepe is a light, thin pancake of French origin. While it is somewhat of a national dish in France, it has also become extremely popular all over the world.
Depending on whether it is made savoury or sweet, it can be had for breakfast, as a main course, or as a dessert!
In fact, this simple dish made of basic ingredients like plain flour, corn flour, milk, butter and salt, is so tasty that you can even eat it plain.
Slightly sweet crepes drizzled with fruity sauces or stuffed with sweet somethings are often served for dessert.
On the other other hand, you can make wonderful savoury crepes as well. You can stuff your crepes with spinach and grilled mushrooms with balsamic vinegar, with scrambled eggs, or with tomatoes, basil and goat’s cheese, to make scrumptious savoury variants.
Another classic option is to stuff it with grilled bell peppers, coat with tomato sauce and bake it.
Savoury crepes like these are very popular in Mexico and the USA. A crepe is a very versatile base to start with – you can shape it as you go along with fillings and toppings of your choice, to get just what you wish for!
Enjoy how to make Crêpe recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make crêpes, combine all the ingredients along with approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well whith a whisk till no lumps remain to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter on a greased non-stick tava (griddle) and rotate in a circular motion to get a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thin circle.
- When the crêpe begins to peel off, turn the crêpe around and cook on the other side till golden brown spots appear.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 9 more crêpes.
- Use the crêpes as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per crepe
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.