289 dried fenugreek leaves recipes, Indian kasuri methi leaves recipes
A dried fenugreek leaf, also known as Kasuri Methi, is a flavorful, slightly bitter tasting herb that is widely used in the Indian Cuisine. Its concentrated taste is strong and hence only a little is required to give the actual taste. Not only can you add kasuri methi to subzis, you can also add it to puris and parathas. The proper way of using it is by crushing it before adding to the food to release the aroma and taste.
Subzis using Kasuri Methi
Many cuisines in India utilize dried fenugreek leaves including Kashmiri, Punjabi and sometimes even Gujarati and Maharashtrian. A few mouth-watering subzisyou can make are
- Paneer Tikka Masala – juicy peas and paneer, mixed with other veggies and spices makes a tantalizing Punjabi subzi. The kasuri methi, added right at the end, gives a nice nutty taste to the food.
Paneer Tikka Masala, Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala
- Kashmiri Dum Aloo – This dish is exploding in flavor! It baby potatoes are first marinated in chilli powder, cooked in an array of spices and then served in a curd based tangy gravy.
Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- Masala Chawli – This chawli ki subzi is delicious and will make you fall in love with this lentil. Mixed with masalas, onion, ginger and tomatoes, you can have this subzi with roti or rice.
- Kadai Gravy – This basic kadai gravy is made with dried red chillis, tomatoes, kasuri methi and other spices. You can add any vegetable to it to make a subzi of your choice.
Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy
Dals and Rotis using Kasuri Methi
Since it is a spice, you can it to many dals to make them more flavorful and even to different kinds of rotis to give them a punch of additional taste. Not only does kasuri methi provide a great taste, but it is also low in carb and high in fiber, making it healthy.
- Paneer Kulcha – This Punjabi roti is an absolute delight! The soft roti, is stuffed with paneer, laced with kasuri methi, can either just be had with butter or you can have it with a subzi like Vegetable makhani
Paneer Kulchas, Paneer Kulcha Made with Yeast
- Dal Fry – This dal is a regular in almost every Indian home and it is definitely worth the hype.
Dal Fry with Toor Dal
The addition of kasuri methi really brings together the whole dal, especially when you have it with a side of Jeera rice.
Jeera Rice, Quick Jeera Rice Recipe
- Darbari Dal – This mix of toor dal and masoor dal is proof that kasuri methi is being used since the times of Mughals. The fenugreek leaves, along with a lot of other ingredients, make this dal taste wonderful.
Darbari Dal ( Mughlai Khana)
Unique dishes using Dried Fenugreek Leaves
It’s a common misconception that kasuri methi can only be used in dishes that constitute heavy main courses but it is also used to make many unique dishes that can be consumed anytime during the day!
- Crispy whole wheat muthias – Usually, muthias are quite delicate snacks that have to be eaten in a few hours of them being cooked. But these deep fried versions, which have a heavy taste of methi, can be stored in airtight containers and had as and when.
Crispy Whole Wheat Muthia, Jar Snack
- Baked Oats Puri – Puris are such snacks that can be had anytime anywhere, whether fried or baked, stuffed or not. These healthy baked puris, laced with kasuri methi are equally delicious as the deep fried ones.
Baked Oats Puri
- Tandoori Paneer Calzone – a calzone is a stuffed pizza. This calzone is an Indian fusion one stuffed with Tandoori Paneer where the paneer is cooked in finger-licking Indian spices, giving you the best of both worlds.
Tandoori Paneer Calzone, Veg Paneer Calzone
Benefits of Dried Fenugreek Leaves, Kasuri Methi
Dried Fenugreek Leaves ( Kasuri Methi) : Kasuri methi gives only 4 calories from a tbsp. Dried Fenugreek Leaves is low on carb count. Kasuri methi adds on some fiber. It is a healthy addition for weight watchers, diabetes, healthy heart, kids, adults, senior citizen and many more. See detailed benefits of dried fenugreek leaves kasuri methi.
Enjoy our dried fenugreek leaves recipes, Indian kasuri methi leaves recipes below.