Tandoori Paneer Calzone, Veg Paneer Calzone
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 372 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28825 times
Imagine pocket-shaped Pizzas , packed with the most exciting ingredients, and that’s what a calzone is! Here, let us stray off the beaten path and make a trendy desi flavoured calzone, packed with a lip-smacking mixture of paneer flavoured with tandoori-style ingredients like garam masala and kasuri methi.
Curd and besan form a tangy, creamy base that holds the paneer filling together. The best part about this recipe is that we show you how to make it from scratch, right from the dough to the baking. You will be floored by the amazing texture and mind-blowing flavour of this Tandoori Paneer Calzone. It beats any store-bought contender hands-down!
Serve alone as a filling snack or along with a bowl of Basil Spaghetti Soup and Strawberry Rocket Leaves Salad for dinner.
- Combine 1 tbsp of lukewarm water, sugar and dry yeast in a bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-water mixture, olive oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) with oil, cook the stuffing on a high flame for 5 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 10 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air and divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle and spread it evenly.
- Fold over to make a semi-circle and press the edges with help of a fork.
- Place the stuffed calzone on a greased baking tray, brush the calzone with melted butter.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per calzone
|Vitamin A||106.9 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.