by Tarla Dalal
Added to 567 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40158 times
Nothing can beat biting into a satay of succulent paneer pieces interspersed with crunchy veggies like onion and capsicum! But, it is possible to prepare these easily at home? In this innovative recipe, we have done away with the traditional technique of grilling, and prepared each Vegetable Satay on a tava without any special tools. In order to make this a low-cal version, we have used low-fat curds for the marinade, and opted for low-fat paneer too, making it possible to get a good dose of calcium and protein apart from the vitamin A that capsicum gives us.
- Combine the paneer, capsicum, onions and the marinade together in a deep bowl, toss gently and keep aside to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Thread a piece of the onion, 2 paneer cubes and a capsicum on a satay stick.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 19 more satays.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it lightly with ½ tsp oil, place 10 satays on it and cook using ½ tsp of oil till they turn light brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat step 4 to cook 1 more batch of 10 more satays.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per satay
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.