Baked and Stewed Bananas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19756 times
Succulent bananas, stewed to perfection with a flavouring of snazzy citrusy ingredients, this is a treat beyond the realm of reality.
It just melts in your mouth and leaves behind a rich taste that reflects the sweetness of bananas, the rustic taste of brown sugar and the peppiness of orange.
The unique method of baking orange-coated banana slices wrapped in foil paper ensures that the flavours are enhanced and locked into the bananas. Serve the Baked and Stewed Bananas with scoops of vanilla ice-cream to realise the true meaning of culinary heaven!
You can also try other delights like the Sweet Peach Pickle or Strawberry Stew with Banana Custard .
- Place 250 mm. (10”) by 200 mm. (8”) aluminium foil on a clean dry surface and place all the bananas in the center.
- Pour the prepared sauce evenly over the bananas.
- Bring both the sides of the foil in the center and seal it lightly.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 20 minutes.
- Serve it immediately with vanilla ice-cream.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.