Kadai Gravy, Quick Kadai Gravy
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 114 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35614 times
A coarse powder of coriander seeds and red chillies is what gives the Kadai Gravy its exclusive flavour and special texture.
This richly-textured gravy is tomato-based, and has a tangy and spicy flavour with sharp hints of fenugreek.
You can prepare a large batch of this gravy and deep-freeze it, so you can quickly whip up tongue-tickling Kadhai -style accompaniments like Kadhai Vegetables and Kadai Paneer Subzi whenever you want.
- Roast the coriander seeds and dry red chillies lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle) for 2 minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a coarse powder. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the coarsely crushed powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 9 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kasuri methi and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container in the freezer and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.