Butter Garlic Naan, Tava Garlic Butter Naan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 110 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 164638 times
This is a rich Indian bread recipe, with the exciting flavour of garlic and green chillies. Handle the dough carefully, just as explained in the recipe in order to get the perfect texture of naan.
While naan is traditionally prepared in a tandoor, this Butter Garlic Naan can be comfortably prepared in a tava at home.
Remember to brush each Tava Garlic Butter Naan with melted butter, just as the Punjabis like it, and serve with your favourite subzi and side dishes like Boondi and Pomegranate Raita or Cabbage and Carrot Kachumber .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix gently and cover with a lid and keep aside for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, coarse garlic paste, curd, oil and salt and in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or a damp muslin cloth and allow it prove till it increases in volume slightly (approx. 30 minutes).
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Press a portion of the dough flat on a rolling board and roll out into an oblong of 125 mm. (5") using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place the naan, cook it on one side till it puffs slightly and then turn over.
- Cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and then roast it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make 5 more naans.
- Brush each naan with a little melted butter and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per garlic naan
|Vitamin A||35.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.