by Tarla Dalal
Added to 189 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79170 times
The perfect recipe to awaken your senses on a lazy winter’s day! Masala Chawli is packed with flavour and radiates an irresistible aroma! While the tomato pulp and fenugreek leaves impart a rich taste to the cooked cow peas, an aromatic mint paste carries the recipe to an unsurpassed level of gastronomic joy, really tingling your taste buds and making you smack your lips in joy.
- Combine the chawli, salt and 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Do not discard the water. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato pulp and the dried fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder and a little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked chawli, along with the water and the mint paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.