Green Dal Fry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 120 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 53257 times
Green Dal Fry recipe also called Green Masala Toovar and Moong Dal Fry with detailed step by step photos.
Bored of the simple dal fry recipe? Here’s a Green Masala Toovar and Moong Dal Fry variation you’ll be tempted to try out. Moong and toovar dal are boiled together and then cooked with a wonderful fresh paste of coriander, coconut, ginger, chillies and garlic. Your family will relish the different taste of Green Dal Fry.
This spicy Green Dal Fry is pressure cooked and then cooked along with yummy green paste in a pan.
You can make this Green Masala Toovar and Moong Dal Fry in advance in the morning and store it an airtight container in the fridge. Serve it in the evening. Just before serving, reheat the Green Dal Fry and add hot water to adjust the consistency as it thickens over time.
Serve Green Dal Fry with Steamed Rice or Jeera Rice.
- Combine all the ingredients and grind in a mixer to a coarse paste adding a little water if required. Keep aside.
- To make the green dal fry, clean, wash and soak the dals in enough water for about 30 to 45 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the soaked dals, 1 cup of water, salt, turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared green paste and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the prepared cooked dal, 3/4 cup of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the green dal fry hot.
Green Dal Fry Video by Tarla Dalal
Green Dal Fry recipe with step by step photos
RECIPE SOURCE : Dals
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.