Darbari Dal ( Mughlai Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 98 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46691 times
This simple dal made with toovar and masoor dals is transformed when curds and cream are added to it. The curds provides the right amount of tanginess. Dals were made by the mughals by simering them over a slow flame for hours together, however we the recipe provided makes use of the pressure cooker that speeds up the preparation considerably.
- Clean, wash and soak both the dal for 1 hour.
- Drain, add 2 cups of water and salt and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistles till the dals are cooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and the ginger-garlic paste and green chillies and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, chilli powder and salt and sauté till the ghee leaves the masala.
- Add the boiled dal, curds, cream, sugar and coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a pan and add the dried fenugreek leaves and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||542.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||12.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||40.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.