Paneer Tikka Masala, Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 707 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 320980 times
Juicy green peas and chunky paneer are coated with a peppy mix of veggies and spice powders to make a tongue-tickling treat! A flavourful marinade of assorted spice powders and dried fenugreek leaves makes the succulent cubes of paneer quite exciting to bite into, while a readily-available Jain tomato ketchup helps bind the many wonderful ingredients of the Paneer Tikka Masala together in a convenient way.
Serve this delicious Jain treat hot and fresh, to enjoy the softness of the paneer cubes, the crunch of cabbage and the exciting burst of flavours in every mouthful.
- Combine the curds, dried ginger powder, chilli powder, dried fenugreek leaves , garam masala, besan, coriander, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a deep bowl and mix well to prepare a marinade.
- Add the paneer pieces to it, mix gently and keep aside to marinate for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while tossing occasionally. Keep aside.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the dry kashmiri red chillies and coriander seeds in a small non-stick pan and dry roast on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Allow it to cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add cabbage and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and dried ginger powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the red chilli-coriander powder, tomato ketchup, dried fenugreek leaves and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the prepared paneer tikka and green peas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.