How many calories does one serving of Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala have?
One serving of Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala gives 349 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 56 calories, proteins account for 40 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 242 calories. One serving of Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala provides about 17 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala Recipe. Juicy green peas and chunky paneer are coated with a peppy mix of veggies and spice powders to make a tongue-tickling treat! A flavourful marinade of assorted spice powders and dried fenugreek leaves makes the succulent cubes of paneer quite exciting to bite into, while a readily-available Jain tomato ketchup helps bind the many wonderful ingredients of the Paneer Tikka Masala together in a convenient way.
Serve this delicious Jain treat hot and fresh, to enjoy the softness of the paneer cubes, the crunch of cabbage and the exciting burst of flavours in every mouthful.
Is Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala healthy?
Yes for healthy individuals and no for any one with diabetes, weight loss or heart issues.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2.Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
3. Dried Fenugreek Leaves ( Kasuri Methi) : Kasuri Methi gives only 4 calories from a tbsp. Dried Fenugreek Leaves is low on carb count. Kasuri Methi adds on some fiber. It is a healthy addition for weight watchers, diabetes, healthy heart, kids, adults, senior citizen and many more. See detailed benefits of dried fenugreel leaves kasuri methi.
4. Besan : Besan has more good fat than whole wheat flour and also higher protein content. Rich in complex carbohydrates and with a low glycemic index, besan is good for diabetics too. Besan is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells (WBC) in the bone marrow. See 10 detailed benefits of besan and why it's good for you.
5. Coriander (kothmir, dhania) : Coriander is a fresh herb often used as a flavour enhancer in Indian cooking. It is mainly used as a garnish. This is the best way to use it - no cooking. This preserves its vitamin C content which helps to build our immunity and bring that sparkle to the skin. The antioxidants vitamin A, vitamin C and the quercetin present in coriander works towards strengthening our immune system. Coriander is a fairly good source of iron and folate – the 2 nutrient which help in the production and maintenance of red blood cells in our blood. Good for reducing cholesterol and good for diabetics. Read 9 benefits of coriander to understand details.
6. Vegetable Oils : To some vegetable oil is only soyabean oil, while some promote it as a mix of oils like soyabean, canola, sunflower, corn and other omega-6 rich oils. These are often cheaper options than many oils, but they are highly processed oils. They are undoubtedly not to be reached out for, whether you are looking for salad dressings, sautéing or cooking. The 5 best oils used in cooking are olive oil (low temperature short time cooking), avocado oil, canola oil, coconut oil and peanut oil. You must read the super article to find the facts of which oil is the healthiest avoid vegetable oil.
7. Green Peas : Green peas are good for weight loss, good source of vegetarian protein, has insoluble fibre to relieve constipation. Legumes like green peas, cow peas, mung, chick peas and kidney beans have a cholesterol lowering effect. Green Peas are rich in Vitamin K which aids in bone metabolism. Green peas have a Glycemic Index (GI) rank of 22 which is low and good for diabetics. Is green peas good for diabetics and see full benefits of green peas.
8. Milk and Low Fat Milk : 1 cup of milk provides 70% of the Recommended Daily Allowance of Calcium. Milk promotes strong bones. The Calcium in Milk helps to protect your teeth against gum disease and keeps your jaw bone strong and healthy. Milk is low in carbs and therefore does not raise blood glucose levels. However diabetics must consider including low fat milk as advised by their dietitian only so as to avoid any fluctuations in blood sugar levels. Protein is another key nutrient which milk is rich in - 8.6 g from a cup. So all those looking to build protein stores can add milk and its products like curd and paneer to their diet. One cup of Milk gives 10 grams of carbs. Low fat milk has lower fat and the same benefits of milk.
9. Cabbage ( Patta Gobhi + Red Cabbage) : Cabbage is low in calories, relieves constipation, good for diabetics. Cabbage has high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins and has long been used as a herbal medicine. Rich in Antioxidants in turn lowers the risk of infection and inflammation of the body due to eating processed foods. Red cabbage also called purple cabbage has slightly high levels of flavonoids and anthocyanins than green cabbage and has long been used as a herbal medicine. It has same health benefits to offer as the cabbage otherwise.See here all benefits of cabbage.
10. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
What's the problem?
Cornflour ( Cornstarch) : Pros. Cornflour is easy to digest because of the presence of insoluble fiber, thus benefits the gut. It’s gluten-free and can be consumed by those who cannot afford to stock wheat. Cons. Cornflour is full of calories and carbs like refined sugar, thus a barrier to weight reduction. Those on weight loss diet must definitely not reach out for it. The high crabs makes it a No-No for a diabetic meal and restricted for heart patients. Read for more details is cornflour healthy?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Lots of oil used in the recipe along with full fat paneer and full fat curds.
What is a healthier sabzi option ?
Here are some very healthy sabzis like paneer labadar , dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, chana palak, mushroom mutter masala, mooli ki sabzi recipe and bhindi masala recipe.
Chana Palak, Healthy Heart Chole Palak Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala?
Yes, but in limited quantity.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmCornflour ( Cornstarch)eal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover.
Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
2. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
3. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
4. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 349 calories that come from Green Pea and Paneer Tikka Masala?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1 hr 45 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 35 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 47 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 00 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.