Chana Palak, Healthy Heart Chole Palak Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 218 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 61286 times
Creamy white chana and vibrant spinach are a match made in heaven, not only due to their complementary good looks, flavour and texture, but also the heart-friendly blend of nutrients and fibre.
Chana Palak, a luscious preparation of chickpeas, cooked in a mild gravy of spinach, flavoured with onions, tomatoes, and other common spices and pastes, is a wonderful accompaniment for sumptuous whole wheat parathas or brown rice. Serve immediately, to enjoy the fresh flavour and texture with rotis and parathas .
- Blend the spinach in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions, garlic and ginger-green chilli paste and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn golden brown in colour. Add a little water to avoid the onions from sticking to the kadhai.
- Add the spinach purée, tomatoes and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kabuli chana and salt, mix well and cook for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with whole wheat parathas or brown rice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.