Mushroom Mutter Masala
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 125 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24717 times
This unique recipe features mushroom and green peas in a delectable milk and onion based gravy thickened with besan, and enhanced with dried fenugreek leaves.
Mushroom Mutter Masala is chock-full of nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin A from milk, protein and fibre from mushrooms and green peas.
While we have used low-fat milk to save on a few calories, you can opt for regular milk too.
Pair it with pulka and your healthy meal is ready on the table!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth. Keep aside.
- Combine the milk and besan in a deep bowl, mix well using a whisk and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried fenugreek leaves, milk-onion mixture and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk-besan mixture, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mushrooms, green peas and coriander, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 more minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.