How many calories does one serving of Paneer Makhani Recipe have?
One serving of Paneer Makhani Recipe gives 456 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 69 calories, proteins account for 60 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 325 calories. One serving of Paneer Makhani Recipe provides about 23 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Paneer Makhani Recipe. A favourite with most people while eating out at any Punjabi restaurant! paneer makhani as the name suggests is a very rich subzi from the lap of Punjab. It uses one of Punjabi cuisines most loved ingredients butter. In traditional Punjabi houses, the women folk make pure white butter from thick creamy milk. The liquid that is left over after the butter has been removed is very delicious and cooling and makes a tasty drink. Soft paneer chunks are dunked into a rich tomato based gravy, a must try for all paneer lovers! Serve with rotis or parathas. Enjoy how to make Paneer Makhani recipe with detailed step by step photos.
Is Paneer Makhani Recipe healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Paneer : Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. Since paneer is low in carbs and high in protein it gets digested slowly and hence good for diabetes. Potassium in paneer helps to reduce the effect of high sodium, by lowering blood pressure and contraction of blood vessels, resulting in improved heart health and reduced risk of heart attack. Great for weight loss and read the interesting article on is paneer good for you?
2. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
3. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
4. Cashew Nuts (kaju) : In general, walnuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, almonds, pistachios and pinenuts are a healthy snack to carry keep with you as they are rich in monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats and good for heart. They are a healthy snack for Diabetics. Dietary intakes of cashew and other foods rich in magnesium helps to regulate blood pressure. See 9 amazing benefits of cashew nuts for complete details.
5. Curd + Low fat Curds : Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. Probiotics in curds acts as a mild laxative but, in case of diarrhoea and dysentery, it is a boon, if curd is used with rice.They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. The only difference between curds and low fat curds is the fat level. Read the benefits of curds to include in your daily diet.
What's the problem?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Paneer Makhani Recipe?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss BUT use low fat paneer and cut the fresh cream out. We would suggest have very little of the sabzi after these changes.
What is a healthier sabzi option ?
Here are some very healthy sabzis like dahi bhindi ki sabzi recipe, chana palak, mushroom mutter masala, mooli ki sabzi recipe, bhindi masala recipe.
Chana Palak, Healthy Heart Chole Palak Recipe
Can healthy individuals have Paneer Makhani Recipe?
Yes. This recipe has healthy fat like full fat paneer and fresh cream. Good fat is healthy for you. YES! So please eat good fat as that will keep you fuller longer and prevent you from binge eating.
Paneer Makhani Recipe is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Calcium : Calcium is a mineral that makes bones stay strong. Required from kids to adults.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
7. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 456 calories that come from Paneer Makhani Recipe?
Walking (6 kmph) = 2 hrs 17 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 46 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 1 hr 1 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1 hr 18 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.