Healthy Kofta Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35092 times
Mouth-watering steamed koftas with sprouts and greens can turn the simple Gujarati kadhi into a low cholesterol, heart-friendly treat. A tempering of cumin, mustard and fenugreek seeds lends an irresistible aroma to this Healthy Kofta Kadhi while the use of low-fat curds gives it a perfectly authentic texture in a low calorie format.
- Combine all the ingredients along with 1 tbsp of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture at equal distance on a steamer plate and steam them in a steamer for 6 to 8 minutes or till the koftas are firm. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Combine the curds, besan and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- Add the turmeric powder and ginger-green chilli paste, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafetida and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Lower the flame, add the curds-besan mixture and salt and mix well. Cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, re-heat the kadhi, add the koftas, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.