Makai Kofta in Hariyali Curry
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26862 times
A green paste of coriander, cooked with coconut milk and spices results in a lip-smacking hariyali curry, which plays host to all the more delectable koftas of sweet corn held together by rice flour and perked up with coriander and green chillies. Interestingly, this whole dish including the koftas can be quickly and comfortably prepared using the microwave oven. You will find this experience of preparing koftas quite different from the usual sweaty, time-consuming process. So easy, you will want to indulge in preparing the Makai Kofta in Hariyali Curry more often! Serve hot with Naan and Boondi and Pomegranate Raita .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a small round kofta.
- Place the koftas on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, ginger-garlic paste, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves in a microwave-safe bowl, cover it with a lid and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the hariyali paste, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes, while stirring once after 1 minute.
- Just before serving, add the koftas to the curry, mix gently and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with fresh cream.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||991.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.7 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.