Rajasthani pakoda kadhi recipe | Rajasthani kadhi pakora |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 481 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 541136 times
Rajasthani pakoda kadhi recipe | Rajasthani kaddhi pakora | with 43 amazing images.
The highlight of the Rajasthani pakoda kadhi is the addition of crisp and fresh besan pakodas! Learn how to make Rajasthani pakoda kadhi recipe | Rajasthani kaddhi pakora |
Rajasthani pakoda kadhi is made with freshly prepared pakodis of besan perked up with coriander, green chillies and these pakodis are floated in a mouth-watering kadhi.
The Rajasthani pakoda kadhi is quite richly flavoured with an assortment of spices and the pakoras are an added attraction that make the kadhi pakora thoroughly irresistible!
Make sure you simmer the Rajasthani pakoda kadhi for just a minute or two after adding the pakodas so that they absorb the flavours but do not become soggy.
Tips to make rajasthani pakoda kadhi: 1. You can make the pakodas and kadhi in advance. Then just before serving heat the kadhi and add the pakodas and cook for 2 minutes. 2. Put the besan in a deep bowl. It is better to sieve the besan and use it as it will avoid the grainy particles.
Enjoy Rajasthani pakoda kadhi recipe | Rajasthani kaddhi pakora | with detailed step by step photos.
- Combine all the ingredients along with approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, drop spoonfuls of the batter into it and deep-fry a few pakodas at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, turmeric powder, salt and 2½ cups of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cinnamon, cloves, red chillies, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, ginger, curry leaves and chilli powder and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the curds-besan mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add the pakodas to the hot kadhi, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve the rajasthani pakoda kadhi immediately.
Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi Video by Tarla Dalal
Rajasthani Pakoda Kadhi recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.