by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18673 times
An easy but irresistible paratha that is made of everyday ingredients, the Cheese Paratha is an all-time favourite with cheese-lovers, especially kids.
A stuffing of cheese perked up with coriander and spice powders gives these whole wheat parathas a tasty and gooey centre. You must enjoy this delectable dish immediately on preparation if you want to experience the joy of biting into the freshly molten cheese, because it tends to get chewy after a while.
Accompany this paratha with a bowl of Lentil, Tomato and Spinach Soup and Pasta Salad to create an authentic mini meal that will be enjoyed by young and old alike.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the cheese stuffing into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Put a portion of the cheese stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha using a little oil until golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- 8. Repeat with the remaining dough and cheese stuffing to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||151.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||6.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.