Rajma Cheese Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 503 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26950 times
Try this spicy kidney bean, cheese and spring onion stuffed paratha and it will surely become a great hit with your family! What is more, the Rajma Cheese Paratha is nothing short of a wholesome meal, so you can just serve with curds and pickles, sit back and enjoy the meal with your loved ones. If some of the stuffing remains, you can use it the next day to make delicious grilled sandwiches.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 200 mm. (8") diameter circle.
- Cook each chapati lightly on both sides on a hot tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Drain the kidney beans, add 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles till the rajma is overcooked.
- Drain any excess liquid and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, ginger and garlic and saute till the onions are light brown in colour.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt and cook till the oil separates.
- Add the cooked beans and mix well.
- Add the curds and continue cooking till the mixture is dry.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool slightly. Divide into 4 equal portions.
- Place one chapati on a dry surface and spread one portion of the rajma filling in the centre of the chapati.
- Sprinkle some spring onions and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
- Bring in all sides of the chapati towards the centre to enclose the filling and make a square paratha.
- Seal the edges with a little water.
- Repeat to make 3 more parathas.
- Cook on both sides, using a little oil till the parathas are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato corn chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.