Methi Cheese Paratha Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3371 times
An utterly cheesy paratha with the sprightly flavour and appetizing aroma of methi, this paratha is a sure-shot winner with young and old alike!
What makes it so, is the perfect balance of cheese and spices in the stuffing. Apart from regular ingredients like ginger and green chillies, the stuffing is also flavoured with ingredients like dry mango powder and chaat masala, which gives it a really zesty flavour.
You will love the cheesy mouth-feel and energetic flavour of the Methi Cheese Paratha. But, like in the case of most dishes with cheese, make sure you serve this paratha immediately after preparation before the cheese gets chewy.
You can also try other parathas like the Paneer Paratha or Paneer and Vegetable Paratha .
- Combine the fenugreek leaves and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out all the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the onions, ginger paste and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, dried mango powder, chaat masala and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cheese and mix well.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Cover with a lid and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a 175 mm. (7") diameter circle, using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the paratha, using 1 tsp of oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds or pickle.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.