Broccoli and Cheese Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23612 times
A fabulous stuffing of vibrant broccoli, peppy coriander and gooey cheese makes this paratha a five-star rated delicacy that is sure to thrill your family and friends. The rustic taste of broccoli goes very well with the mild and nutty taste of cheese, all of which is enhanced beautifully by the addition of coriander. Since the stuffing mixture is coarsely textured, we suggest simply folding the parathas into semi-circles and cooking them as such instead of the traditional way of folding them in and rolling them again, which sometimes leads to leaks! It is also important to cook the parathas with ghee to get a splendid aroma and crisp texture. Done the right way, you will find the Broccoli and Cheese Parathas easy to prepare, and also thoroughly enjoy the brilliant mix of textures and flavours in them.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7") diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place 1 portion of the stuffing on one half of the rolled circle and fold it over to make a semi-circle. Press it lightly to seal the edges.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using little ghee. Cook the paratha, using a little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 2 more parathas.
- Serve immediately.
Broccoli and Cheese Parathas Video of Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per paratha
|Vitamin A||694.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.