Moong Dal Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 80% LIKED IT
4 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 309 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 103229 times
Moong dal dhokla, this is my favourite recipe. . It is very easy to make and a perfect snack recipe. . . Serve with green chutney and relsih it. .
- Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the salt, sugar, asafoetida, oil, turmeric powder, besan and curds and mix well to make a batter.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and mix lightly.
- Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7”) diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokalas are cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the coriander and coconut evenly on top.
- Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.