Butter Bean and Vegetable Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 185 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17948 times
White butter beans called cannelini (in florence) are the traditional base for soups. These beans are cooked and used to quickly assemble flavourful and wholesome soups. You can choose any combination of vegetables. This is a soup with the look of summer and is delightful when had with a loaf of garlic or crusty bread.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep kadhai, add the bayleaves and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onion cubes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, 4 cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans, tomato purée, pepper and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.