701 baking soda recipes | Indian recipes using baking soda |
baking soda recipes | Indian recipes using baking soda | baking soda is used extensively in Indian cooking from Indian cake recipes using baking soda, Indian snacks using baking soda, Indian curries and sabzis using baking soda to Guajarati recipes using baking soda.
Eggless Semolina and Coconut Cake
Indian cake recipes using baking soda
Baking soda plays an important role in cakes, for the softness of the cake. Try these amazing recipes below.
1. Eggless Chocolate Cake a very handy piece of cake! And when it can be made in a pressure cooker, its preparation is a piece of cake too!
Eggless Chocolate Cake ( Pressure Cooking )
2. Eggless Sponge Cake a pleasing flavour and melt-in-the-mouth softness, this versatile Indian vanilla sponge cake is the ultimate go-to dessert for vegetarians.
Eggless Sponge Cake
3. Indian Style Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake made with the most basic baking ingredients that are easily available in every well maintained Indian household pantry and this recipe uses minimum of ingredients.
Indian Style Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake
4. Chocolate Brownie a fantastic treat that is perfect to serve with tea or as a dessert, with a topping of vanilla ice-cream.
Chocolate Brownie Or How To Make Chocolate Brownie Recipe
5. Microwave Chocolate Sponge Cake in 5 Minutes chocolate-based cake is the easiest way to flatter kids, and even adults for that matter.
Microwave Chocolate Sponge Cake in 5 Minutes, Indian Style
Indian snacks using baking soda
Quick recipes, for evening snacks and sudden hunger. Here are few recipes which you can make and enjoy with your family.
1. Khatta Dhokla dominant flavour of this traditional khatta dhokla and this sourness is brought about by adding a little sour curds.
2. Baby Corn Fritters Crunchy and tasty, these perfectly golden-coloured Baby Corn Fritters are a sight to behold and a treat to bite into!
Baby Corn Fritters
3. Besan Masala Peanuts flavoured in different ways – in the North, they are made with a slightly tangy flavour, while in the South it is more of spice than tang, but irrespective of the seasoning.
Besan Masala Peanuts, Microwave Besan Masala Groundnut
4. Potato Kathi Roll mouth-watering recipe originated as a good way to use up left-over chapatis which were warmed in ghee or butter and rolled up with a spicy vegetable mixture with a sprinkling of chaat masala.
Potato Kathi Roll
5. Murukku crunchy delicacy made with rice and urad dal flours is an exciting treat that will be loved by all, especially thanks to the peppy aroma and flavour imparted by sesame and asafoetida.
6. Paneer Pakoda moist and soft on inside and crisp outside, unlike other pakora’s. paneer pakoda is made with simple and basic ingredients that are easily available in every household.
Paneer Pakoda, Punjabi Paneer Pakora Recipe
Indian curries and sabzis using baking soda
Elaborate curries and sabzis, but yet making these recipe from scratch is the best thing .
1. Bread Kofta Curry melt in your mouth while the flavour of the bottle gourd curry lingers in your taste-buds, making you yearn for more…and more!
Bread Kofta Curry
2. Methi Pakoda Kadhi fenugreek dumplings are deep fried and dunked for a few seconds in milk and then immersed in the curd kadhi.
Bread Kofta Curry
3. Gavarfali ki Subzi strong flavour of curds, the Gavarfali ki Subzi has a well-balanced flavour that is soothing yet spicy.
Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi
4. Valor Muthia Nu Shaak a lovely combination of valor papdi and muthia. But, however uncommon the combination might sound to you, it is very common in Gujarati tradition.
Valor Muthia Nu Shaak, Gujarati Sabzi
5. Dapka Kadhi dumplings cooked in a traditional Gujarati curd mixture, Dapka Kadhi served with rotlas, green chillies and garlic chutney is a sumptuous and satiating meal worth a million dollars!
6. Chana Aloo Masala cooked white chick peas and potatoes are pepped up with tangy tomato cubes and an assortment of spice powders and lemon juice.
Chana Aloo Masala, Punjabi Style Chole Aloo Masala
Guajarati recipes using baking soda
Most of the Guajarati recipes use baking soda, to make the dishes soft and spongy. Try these famous recipes.
1. Mixed Dal Handvo a traditional Gujarati savoury cake (Gujarati farsan), which is a nutritious meal in its own right when served with chutney and buttermilk.
Mixed Dal Handvo ( Gujarati Recipe)
2. Doodhi Muthia a fist-shaped steamed snack that's much-loved by the Gujaratis. Doodhi and onions when combined with an apt combination of semolina and flours.
Doodhi Muthia ( Gujarati Recipe)
3. Rice Khichu a simple quick snack to make made of mainly rice flour which is cooked with spices.
Rice Khichu ( Gujarati Recipe)
4. Oondhiya a classic Gujarati vegetable from the city of Surat and hence also called Surti undhiyu.
5. Bhaat Na Rasawala Muthia very famous snack derived for Gujarat, which are made with different ingredients and has a lot of variations too. People also make muthia's with doodhi, spinach, cabbage, moong dal, methi and etc.
Bhaat Na Rasawala Muthia ( Gujarati Recipe)
6. Turiya Patra an unusual combination of ridge gourd and patra. But, however uncommon the combination might sound to you, it is very common in Gujarati tradition.