Dapka Kadhi ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Dapka Kadhi ( Gujarati Recipe) in Hindi)
Added to 439 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84667 times
Moong dal dumplings cooked in a traditional Gujarati curd mixture, Dapka Kadhi served with rotlas, green chillies and garlic chutney is a sumptuous and satiating meal worth a million dollars!
When making this dish, ensure that the dapka batter is sufficiently thick. First drop one dapka into the kadhi—if it floats up, it means it is perfect, and you can proceed with the rest. Else, adjust the batter by adding little more besan, or cook the dapkas in a microwave oven before adding to the kadhi.
- Soak the moong dal in enough lukewarm water for 3 to 4 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Blend the moong dal in a mixer to a fine mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a deep bowl, add the oil, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, soda bi-carb, coriander and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, add 1 cup of water, bring the kadhi to a boil, add the dapka batter a little at a time using your fingertips to form dumplings and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the dapkas starts floating on top.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rotla.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.