Valor Muthia Nu Shaak, Gujarati Sabzi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 167 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 75756 times
An irresistible preparation of flat green beans (valor papdi) and fenugreek dumplings, this is the next best choice when fresh vaal or papdi is not in season.
Remember to apply the salt and soda an hour before you prepare the vegetable, to ensure the fresh green colour and smooth texture of the beans.
You can also try other shaak recipes like Batata Chips Nu Shaak and Bhinda Sambhariya .
Add your private note
Valor Muthia Nu Shaak, Gujarati Sabzi recipe - How to make Valor Muthia Nu Shaak, Gujarati Sabzi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Wash the valor, drain, add a pinch of baking soda and salt in a bowl, mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the valor papdi along with 1½ cups of water and mix well.
- Add the coconut-coriander paste, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, sugar, another pinch of baking soda and salt (as per taste) and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for 20 minutes or till the valor papdi is almost cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the muthias one at a time and toss gently.
- Cover and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotls.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.