Gavarfali ki Subzi ( Rajasthani)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 213 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 69437 times
A nice and soft subzi with the strong flavour of curds, the Gavarfali ki Subzi has a well-balanced flavour that is soothing yet spicy. Add a little baking soda while cooking the cluster beans to retain its colour, and also to ensure that it is well cooked. The combination of cumin and fennel seeds in the tempering is what gives this subzi its unique and memorable flavour, so make sure you do not omit it while preparing this subzi.
- Combine the cluster beans, baking soda and 2½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes or till the cluster beans are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Drain out all the water and keep aside
- Combine the curds, coriander powder, chilli powder, besan and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds,fennel seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curds-besan mixture, curry leaves and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked cluster beans, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.