Eggless Chocolate Cake ( Pressure Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 327 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 774202 times
eggless chocolate cake in pressure cooker recipe | eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake | pressure cooker cake | eggless chocolate cake without oven |
eggless chocolate cake in pressure cooker recipe | eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake | pressure cooker cake | eggless chocolate cake without oven | is an Indian style eggless chocolate cake in cooker! There are millions of Indians who are vegetarian and make their cakes in a pressure cooker and this eggless chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker is for them.
To make eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake, sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a bowl and mix well. Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence in another deep bowl and mix well with a spatula. Combine both the mixture to form a uniform mixture. The mixture will be a little thick so add a little water gradually to it and fold it. Add 1 cup of salt at the base of pressure cooker, pour the cake mixture in a greased and dusted tin and pressure cook for 20 minutes.
How to prepare the pressure cooker to make eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake. 1. Note that we have not used in water in the pressure cooker and only salt is used. 2. We have taken 1 cup of salt in the pressure cooker. The we place a steel ring on it in the centre. 3. On top of the steel ring place a perforated plate. 4. Our pressure cooker is ready and cover it with a lid and ensure the ring is on it. 5. Don’t use the whistle and allow the cooker to heat for 2 to 3 minutes. 6. Open the lid and your cooker is ready to make eggless chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker.
Notes for pressure cooker cake. 1. Follow the exact procedure of adding salt to the pressure cooker, placing a steel ring stand and then a perforated plate over it. Pressure cook without whistle and ring for 5 minutes and then place the cake tin and pressure cook. 2. Dust the cake tin with plain flour as after the cake is cooked it’s very easy to de mould it. It’s important to remove the excess flour from the cake tin. Invert the tin and tap it twice so that the excess flour comes out. 3. We have used condensed milk in large quantities as this is the only sweetness to the cake. 4. When mixing the batter, do it quickly as the baking powder and baking soda is already added. 5. The water added to the batter depends on the quality of maida you use. 6. The batter should be off dropping consistency. 5. Spread the batter evenly in the cake tin. Use a spatula to tap the cake tin. Tapping also removes the excess air inside the tin.
Serve this soft and succulent eggless chocolate cake warm and fresh off the cooker with a cup of tea, top it with ice-cream to make a delicious dessert, or decorate it to make the prettiest – and tastiest - cake in town.
Learn to make eggless chocolate cake in pressure cooker recipe | eggless chocolate pressure cooker cake | pressure cooker cake | eggless chocolate cake without oven | with step by step photos and video below.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin with butter on all the sides. Dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour.
- Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour and keep aside.
- Sieve the plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda bi-carb in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the prepared sieved plain flour-cocoa mixture and approx. 6 tbsp of water and mix gently with help of a spatula.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into the greased and dusted tin and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle the salt at the base of a pressure cooker, and place a steel ring stand and a perforated plate over it. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and heat on a medium for 5 minutes.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker, place the cake tin on the perforated plate. Cover it with a lid (with the ring on the lid but without the whistle) and steam on a medium for 20 to 22 minutes or till the cake is done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Invert the tin over a wire rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake or use a knife to loosen the edges of the cake.
- Use immediately or as required.
Eggless Chocolate Cake (Pressure Cooker) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedges
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.