Methi Pakoda Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 607 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47622 times
The perfect dish to serve for a Holiday lunch. Fenugreek dumplings are deep fried and dunked for a few seconds in milk and then immersed in the curd kadhi. This process of soaking the fenugreek dumplings in milk makes them softer and more succulent and reduces the sharpness of the curd based kadhi.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix into a thick batter, using a little water.
- Deep fry spoonfuls of the batter in hot oil, till they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Mix the curds and gram flour in a bowl, add 1 cup of water and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves, onions and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the curds and gram flour mixture, turmeric powder and salt and bring to a boil over a slow flame.
- Soak the pakoras in the milk for a few seconds. Drain and add to hot kadhi.
- Bring to a boil and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.