Eggless Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 841 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1048183 times
A simple recipe of eggless sponge cake can be use as a base for many other desserts like pineapple gateau, orange gateau, almond praline cake etc.
- Sieve the plain flour, baking powder and soda bi-carb together. Keep aside.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) cake tin with melted butter, dust it with plain flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and remove the excess flour.
- Combine the condensed milk, melted butter and vanilla essence in a deep bowl and mix well using a spatula.
- Add the sieved flour mixture and 5 tbsp of water mix gently with help of a spatula. The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Pour the batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter cake tin.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 25 minutes.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- Invert the tin over a rack and tap sharply to unmould the cake.
- Keep aside to cool and use as required.
Nutrient values per cake
|Vitamin A||1868.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||2.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||3.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||26.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.