Fresh Fruit Gateau
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 124 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60365 times
White sponge soaked in orange syrup, filled with fresh seasonal fruits and topped with Chantilly cream-this dessert is sure to wow our guests!
Garnished with delicious chocolate curls and fresh fruit, it looks absolutely stunning and delectable!
- Combine the cream, sugar and vanilla essence in a clean and dry bowl and whisk till soft peaks form.
- Keep refrigerated till required.
- Slice the cake horizontally into 2 equal layers and divide the cream into 2 equal portions.
- Sprinkle the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the soaking syrup.
- Spread one portion of the chantilly cream on the soaked layer of sponge.
- Top with half the fruits and place another layer of sponge on it.
- Sprinkle some more soaking syrup and then spread another portion of the chantilly cream over this layer.
- Garnish with the fruits and chocolate curls and refrigerate. Serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.