Chocolate Orange Mousse Cake ( Eggless Desserts Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34671 times
The chocolate orange mousse cake is a truly sophisticated gourmet fare! this is a perfect dessert of soft chocolate sponge cake sandwiched with a dark chocolate filling and candied orange peels, covered with chocolate truffle. A garnishing of candied orange peel adds to the citrus tinge, balancing the otherwise dominating chocolate flavour quite well.
- Combine the dark chocolate and milk in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from the microwave and mix gently till no lumps remain.
- Allow the chocolate to cool to room temperature.
- Add the beaten whipped cream and orange peels and fold gently. Keep aside
- Heat the cream in a non-stick pan and bring to boil.
- Remove from the flame, add the chocolate and mix well till the mixture is smooth.
- Cool to room temperature, while whisking continuously. Keep aside.
- Cool and slice the sponge cake horizontally into 2 equal layers.
- Soak the bottom layer of the sponge cake with ½ the soaking syrup.
- Spread the dark filling evenly on the soaked layer of the cake using a palate knife.
- Place the top layer of the sponge cake over it and soak it with the remaining soaking syrup.
- Spread the chocolate truffle on top and at the sides of the cake using a palate knife. Refrigerate for 1 hour or till the truffle sets.
- Garnish with orange peels by sprinkling on the sides and place the orange wedges in the centre.
- Cut into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
- You can also melt the chocolate-milk mixture on a double boiler.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per wedge
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.