Sponge Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23751 times
It’s all the rage now – ice-cream sandwiches! And what an exciting sandwich this is, made of super soft vanilla sponge cake, sandwiched with vanilla ice-cream, and speckled with crunchy nuts.
The Sponge Cake with Vanilla Ice-Cream is a fabulous dessert , easy to make and handy to serve. It can also be served as as a surprise snack on a hot summer’s day!
- Combine the sugar, lemon juice and 5 tbsp of hot water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut the sponge cake into two parts horizontally.
- Pour the prepared sugar mixture, evenly over each halve.
- Spread the ice-cream on one halve and spread it evenly using a palate knife.
- Cover it with the other halve of the cake.
- Put it in the freezer and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or till set.
- Put the whipped cream in the piping bag and make swirls on top at equal distances. Place one cherry on each swirl.
- Sprinkle the mixed nuts on the sides of the sponge and press lightly to stick.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cake
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.