Dahi Vada ( Fast Foods Made Healthy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 193 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 385589 times
Dahi bhalla or dahi vada? by whatever name you call it, this dish is as popular in the north as in the west. In the north of india, it is served without the khajur imli ki chutney while in the western parts of india, this dish has the added sweet and sour flavours od khajur ki chutney and is called dahi vada.
- Soak the urad dal in water for 3-4 hours.
- Wash and drain the urad dal.
- Combine the urad dal, ginger and green chillies and grind to a smooth paste in a blender.
- Add the soda bi-carb and salt to the urad dal paste and mix well till the batter is light and fluffy. Add a little water if required.
- Wet your hands and take 2 tbsp of the batter on your palm or on a sheet of wet plastic and shape into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter. Deep fry in hot oil on a slow flame till the vadas are golden brown, for about 10 minutes. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Soak the deep fried vadas in warm water for about 45 minutes.
- Just before serving, drain and squeeze out the excess water.
- Arrange the vadas on a serving dish and top with the whisked curds.
- Garnish with the chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and serve with khajur imli ki chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per dahi vada
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.