by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Doodhiya Kheech in Hindi)
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45814 times
This dish is very popular in Udaipur from where it is said to have originated. Its texture is similar to that of rabdi although wheat is used to thicken this dessert.
"Kheech" refers to a "mashed texture" that is almost like porridge. As wheat and milk are rejuvenating foods that provide plenty of energy, it is also served to convalescents who are recovering.
Try other recipes like Banana Apple Porridge and Banana Pongal .
- Grind the wheat in a mixer till it forms a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Combine the wheat mixture, 1 cup of milk and ½ cup of water in a pressure cooker and pressure cook for 6 whistles or till the wheat is cooked.
- Allow the pressure to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining 2 cups of milk, sugar and saffron in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the milk is reduced to half, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked wheat, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom, raisins and almonds and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with almonds and raisins.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.